Ireland is not only a country with an incredible culture and history, but it’s also an ideal travel destination, with Dublin being the most popular destination. Dublin is a city that is on the rise with a population of almost one million and over 770 bars it’s no question why it’s a must visit. This blog post will explore my favorite things to see and drink in Dublin in 24 hours.
- Sandmans Free Walking Tour – this is always one of my first go to’s when I’m in a new city. It’s a free tour so there’s no pressure if I don’t make it on time and all the tours are done by locals that not only show you the essential sights but have lots of intel on the less touristy spots too!
- Trinity College – Stop in to see the gorgeous Long Library & the famous Book of Kells.
- Guinness Storehouse – You can’t go to Dublin, even for a day, without getting some Guinness and the factory is a must see!
- Vintage Tea Trips – a fun way to be driven around the city while enjoying a nice afternoon tea.
- Museum of Literature – Ireland, especially Dublin, is home to so many famous authors such as Oscar Wilde & James Joyce.
- Bookstores – Speaking of authors, Dublin has so many great bookstores! My favorites are: Books Upstairs and Chapters.
Dublin is a very walkable city and it’s very easy to see everything in 24 hours. If you need to get further out you can take the local transit DAART very easily.
Food & Drink in Dublin:
- The Church – my favorite spot in the city. They have a great patio area, a delicious menu with classic Irish food, live music and dancing, and of course endless drinks!
- Cornucopia Restaurant – a great option for vegans and it’s a very casual quick spot if you’re in a hurry.
- Queen of Tarts – One of the best carrot cakes I’ve ever had! Make sure to pop in early since they close in the afternoon.
- Temple Bar – this can be a bit confusing because Temple Bar is both a popular area in Dublin and also a famous bar in Temple Bar! Be prepared for it to be packed but it is well worth it to go in and have a drink and enjoy the live music.
- Gay Bars – PantiBar & The George are great places to go after dinner for drinks & dancing.
- JW Sweetman – A brewery in the city center that has great beer & great food!
Day Trips from Dublin:
Wanna escape the busy city & just enjoy the beautiful scenery that Dublin has to offer? These are easy trips to take right outside the city.
- Howth – take the DAART out to this Irish Sea village. You can take a walk along the cliffs and get some delicious fish & chips.
- Bray – You can also take the DAART in the opposite direction to Bray which is an adorable coastal town. Walk along the beach and take your pick between tons of restaurants along the water.
- Powerscourt Waterfall – You’ll have to take a taxi or a tour up to Powerscourt but it’s worth it. The drive up to the falls is beautiful and once you get there you can be more adventurous and hike around the falls or bring a picnic to enjoy.
I hope you love Dublin, Ireland as much as I do and find plenty of things to do even if you’re just there for 24 hours! If there’s anything you feel I missed please comment below.
Check out my post about Downtown LA